Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 3 (Last Day of Attack Phase) - It's Getting Easier!! Eating Galettes.

Weight: 159.4
Exercise: Rode my bike around the house a few times w/Kid2 - he's only 4 so it was pretty slow! Should've done more but hey - I'm a brat in 90 degree weather. AND, my tennis match got canceled!

Today was easier. It doesn't hurt that I've lost almost 5 pounds in 2 days! But really, I felt less deprived today. Maybe the cravings really are subsiding, like Dukan said they would!

Here's what I ate:
Fried eggs - 2 yolks & several whites
Reduced fat bacon
2 slices sourdough toast w/Splenda sprinkled on top
Water - ~32 oz (slacked a bit today)
Iced coffee w/stevia & skim milk
Dukan Oat Bran Galette (see below)
1 Apple
Hunk of cheddar cheese
Grilled steak
Grilled chicken
1/2 slice yogurt cheese (this was a cheat)
Coke Zero
1 "bunch" of grapes

I LOVE the Galette! I finally broke down and made them for Husband and myself. It's really simple/easy (also see pic):

1 egg white (beat until foamy, then mix w/the rest of the ingredients)
2T oat bran
2T fat free plain yogurt
1 t sweetener suitable for cooking (I used Splenda)

You just cook it like a pancake. It's soooo good! Very satisfying. Dukan says 1/day but you can have more for up to 2-3 days if you're really fighting cravings. No more than that bc too much oat bran can prevent nutrient absorption.

Can't wait to weigh tomorrow! I have already been able to wear my medium shirts. I was only able to wear larges when I started the diet!

4 comments:

  1. Must've been those pancakes you saw at my house that motivated you to make the galettes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I made them this morning...but I STILL wanted to attack your scrumptious-looking pancakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I can have a slice Of cheese a day bc I'm nursing...a hunk might've been overdoing it a bit!! ;-)

      Delete