Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 5 - Cravings REALLY ARE better! I'm less hungry -- WOW!

Weight: 159.6 (GAINED! But only .4)
Exercise: Walked 40 min w/my big sis!

I ate:
Fried eggs
Iced coffee w/stevia & skim milk
Lite string cheese (<5% fat)
Celery
Dill & Garlic Dip (1/2 c nonfat plain yogurt, 1t minced garlic & 1T dill. Delish!) (from http://mydukandiet.com/recipes)
2 cheeseburgers (fat free cheddar, lean beef)
sugar free ketchup & mustard
Bread & butter pickles (cheat - couldn't resist)
a zillion grapes (too many)
Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Cheese
Water - at least 48 oz
Nonfat yogurt w/oat bran, stevia & cinnamon

I found 97% fat free hot dogs (Hebrew National). They do have some modified food starch added, but I'm going to eat them.

I also found out you only need to limit egg yolks if you have a cholesterol problem. I don't, but Husband does.

I haven't eaten much today. I'm not as hungry as usual and am eating more for survival. I guess my cravings are really down!! This is a new experience for me! I'm also getting a little sick of the allowed foods. I've eaten more cheese today. And I've been busy -- but that's never stopped me from eating before. ;-)

I rediscovered Laughing Cow cheese at Strack & Van Til. There are a ton of flavors, and the Light is <5% fat! I'm not sure if it technically qualifies but it seems like a safe bet to me. I did not find low fat bacon there. I'm giving up that search. Please let me know if you find it in Chicago!

Have you ever reached a "dieting plateau", where you've been doing well but you just can't seem to lose any more weight? Well, today I read about a possible remedy...a "slimming secret". It was on a blog - dukantopia.wordpress.com who had seen it on Dr. Dukan's site. It recommends drinking green tea and only green tea all day for 3 days. It really worked for dukantopia! Looking forward to testing this out.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Thanks so much for linking to my blog!

    It's nice to hear you're doing well on your diet. The cravings get EVEN BETTER over time. Believe it or not, I am two weeks in and rarely miss carbs anymore!

    Keep up the good work!

    -Julee
    dukantopia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youre welcome and thank YOU! What are your "go-to" foods?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing the green tea all day would have been way too much caffeine for baby.

    ReplyDelete