Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 6 - How Can I Dukan without Dairy?!

Weight: 160.2 (GAINED!) :(
Exercise: Walked up a few flights of stairs w/Baby Bjorn. That's IT!

I ate:
2 fried eggs + a bunch of egg whites
Iced coffee w/stevia & skim milk
Lite string cheese
Celery
97% fat free hot dog (GROSS)
sugar free ketchup & mustard (I think I'm over sf ketchup!)
Laughing Cow Cheese
Iced green tea w/lemon - at least 64 oz
2 slices sourdough toast w/spray butter & stevia
Black coffee
Watermelon
Ham cold cuts
Apple
2T peanut butter

I'm going to have to cut out dairy again. I thought my baby would be ready to tolerate it since she's 3 months, but her gas has suddenly started really acting up again. Sudden screams of pain, legs stiffening, grunting, straining, etc.

Without dairy, I don't think I can be on the Dukan Diet. But I'm still going to diet and keep track of what I eat. Being accountable here will help me. I've definitely changed what I was eating - for the better. I needed to get out of my carb rut and develop some new routines. Eggs for breakfast is so much better than cereal (oh, I just LOVE cereal!). Please share any other high protein breakfast ideas!

In my previous post, I mentioned something about green tea being a slimming secret. Today I started drinking it in mass quantities. I really enjoyed it iced w/lemon & stevia. Looking forward to seeing if it helps the weight loss efforts.

2 comments:

  1. What a bummer about the dairy! I am nervous about that happening w/ bf for me at some point..I know SO many moms who have had to cut out all dairy while bf-ing..I think it's bound to happen at some point. Good job for getting your diet on track though, while still making the best choices for my beautiful goddaughter! :) :) Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have to give anything up while bf'ing Kellyn?

    Thx for the comment and encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete